We were so hopeful that today was going to be the day they would start to close Ava’s chest up. But when we got here this morning we heard that when the Dr’s did their rounds this morning they decided to wait another day.
I was so disappointed! And then sitting there by her bed I found myself getting more and more emotional and just feeling the heaviness that can come with having to wait.
So eventually I went and looked for the chapel here, because I just needed a place to cry and pray… and just let all this emotion out. So I went and found it (it’s very nice and quiet) and I cried and prayed and just laid it all down before the Lord and gave it all to Him.
And then, just as I was starting to feel better I got a text from Jason that they were actually going to start today! Apparently the surgeon just waltzed in Ava’s room and said, “We’re going to do this”… Praise God!
So I’m not clear on whether they are just removing the stent today, or removing it and starting to close her chest up, but it doesn’t matter, it’s a start. They will do it right in her room and it will take a few hours, so we will be sure to let you know the outcome.
Thanks for praying!