No plans yet…

Well I wrote a big post on my phone last night but couldn’t figured out how to publish it, which turns out is a good thing because things have changed once again today – as they have a habit of doing – so now I will write a new post here on the computer in the library.  Ava is having a nice snooze so I could run out for a bit which is always nice.

So, as of yesterday it seemed that the general consensus was that Ava was basically here in the hospital now until her next surgery.  The cardiologist was going to try to get her a new cath date earlier than the one that was going to be booked for the first of June and then surgery would get booked and we would just stay in the hospital until it could all get done.     Which in light of Ava’s decreased heart function and increased valve leaking seemed to be a good idea, especially as she has been on continuous feeds since we got here and increased lasix (diuretics).

However,  it seems the cardiologist is having a bit of a hard time getting everyone on board with this plan,  especially since Ava still does have a cough and it’s still not 4 weeks since she had influenza.    The cath people will only do an earlier cath if the surgeon will do surgery right away.  But we still don’t know if the surgeon is comfortable doing surgery since Ava still isn’t 100% and after you have an illness like influenza, it can make recovery more difficult.

So if that is the case, and we have to wait a week or two anyway, we might as well go home!  Which would be wonderful in one way, but scary in another, because now we know Ava is even more fragile then she was before and what if she gets sick again?   But there are risks to being here as well so who’s to say which is the better choice.

But in order to qualify for going home, Ava needs to be back on bolus feeds (being fed every three hours like normal) and her lasix need to drop down again to twice a day.   It will be interesting to see if she tolerates these things, because if she doesn’t we aren’t going home either.

So that is why I can say there are no plans.  There are too many variables and too many things need to be sorted out and figured out.

Please pray that this would all be happening according to God’s timing and that whatever is decided is for the best.   Ava and I are fine, it’s been nice seeing everyone here again and I’m meeting some friends today so today is going to be a good day.  We aren’t suffering at all, except we are missing our family like crazy which is a given of course.

But we will just take it one day at a time, and just chill and wait for someone to tell us what the plan is. 🙂